Wondering if you’re whipped by your ego or if your ego may be just a little bit too BIG?
Here are 23 signs that it just might be:
- When an unwanted outcome or debate occurs and others point out your responsibility, you don’t want to hear it, you deflect or shush them.
- Being right is more important than understanding.
- Money is more important than love.
- Someone disagreeing with you is a threat to your intelligence.
- Avoiding failure is more important than learning from your mistakes.
- Your bank account controls how important and worthy you and everyone else are.
- When driving, you block someone from entering your lane even though they have politely been signalling for the past 10 seconds to come over.
- You are a perfectionist.
- You are more concerned with being who others think you are or should be than who you really are.
- You feel you have something to prove.
- You feel the need to one-up everyone else.
- It’s your way or the highway.
- You claim ownership over something to justify your reasoning as to why someone should abide by your rules.
- You have to have the newest smartphone even though there’s nothing wrong with the one you have.
- You choose a job because of status instead of passion.
- You think everyone and their mothers owe you something.
- You think the world owes you something.
- Your favours are conditional.
- You drive a car that is worth more than your annual salary.
- You have a tendency to make it about you.
- You make decisions based on serving others perception of you rather than your own best interests.
- You feel the need to judge as right or wrong instead of seeing it as it is.
- If you feel someone is better than you, your ego has you whipped.
- If you feel you’re better than someone else, your ego has you whipped.
Keep the list going and add to it in the comments below!
Let’s have some fun with our big egos!
Learn from all of your experiences, opportunities are everywhere.
Gain more peace of mind through a deeper understanding of the inside-out nature of life. You will receive all of my newest posts, poetry, and frequent words of wisdom straight to your inbox.