- 2 popular programs
- 24 different variables
Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission, at no extra cost to you.
I created this post to allow you to compare the most important factors in one place when choosing the best online CBD/Cannabis Coach Certification training for you.
I’ve covered all the pros and cons of each program based on personal contact with the provider and extensive research. I have reviewed each program in detail, I recommend you read each review before visiting the website of each program.
Who is this post for?
If you’re looking for the highest quality online Cannabis/CBD Coaching Certification and want the best bang for your buck, you will want to stick around. I understand that this is quite a long post if you actually read it from start to finish, but I didn’t want to leave any stones unturned.
I’ve Done The Homework So You Don’t Have To
If you’re like me and you hate the tedious process of finding, researching, and comparing programs then you’ll love this post. I’ve made contact with some of the providers as well in order to give you as much information as possible to help you make an informed decision
Sift through the BS (eg. Udemy courses)
Many courses have popped up trying to exploit this new industry; given that the legal use of CBD is relatively new. I’m helping you cut through all the BS and cookie-cutter courses being advertised to bring you 1 very high-quality Cannabis/CBD Certification program, that stands way above all the rest, and 1 notable program.
Please feel free to use the comment section below if you have any questions 🙂
Compare 2 Of The Best Online Cannabis/CBD Certification Training Programs
scroll right to view more columns. if you are viewing from a phone or tablet I recommend rotating into a landscape for the best viewing experience.
|School||Natural Wellness Academy||CBD Training Academy|
|Visit Website||Visit Website|
|Certifications||Cannabis/CBD Coach, Medical Marijuana Coach (yes, they are different)||CBD Coach|
|Stand out from the competition||✔|
|Program Length||9-12 months (fast track option to 6 months upon discussion with a mentor)||course is only 8 hours, have access for 12 mnths|
|Total Hours||100 hrs||8 hrs of video + self-study|
|Medicinal Marijuana Training||✔|
|In-Depth Coach Training||✔|
|Live Coaching Practice||✔|
|Live Virtual Classes||✔|
|Informational Live and/or Recorded Webinars||✔||✔|
|PDF Downloads For Modules||✔||✔|
|Audio Downloads For Modules||✔||✔|
|Video Content For Modules||✔||✔|
|Lifetime Access To Resources||✔|
|Free Access To Learning Material From All Other Courses Offered By Company||✔|
|Learn How To Start Your Own Coaching Business||✔|
|Learn How To Market Yourself||✔|
|Private Facebook Group||✔|
|Investment (if paid in full)||$2495 (Get 20% OFF with coupon code)||$1497|
|Exclusive Coupon Code||Click Here For Exclusive $200 OFF Coupon Code||None|
|Payment Plan Options||Available upon request||None|
|Read Review||Read Review|
|Visit Website||Visit Website|
#1 Online Cannabis/CBD Certification Training Program
Provider: Natural Wellness Academy
Program: Certified Cannabis/CBD Coach
$500 OFF Coupon Code (pay in Full):
Discounts are available for payments plans as well. Tell them I referred you.
Here’s a testimonial from a client of NWA on using CBD to treat psoriasis:
Natural Wellness Academy Review
- 70% of graduates take a 2nd certification program with NWA
- This is their best selling certification program
- This certification will set you apart from your competition
- All online
- Payment plans available
- Certified Medical Marijuana/Cannabis Coach
- Dual certification for CBD and Medicinal Marijuana (yes, they are different)
- 1-on-1 mentoring and coaching
- Live practice coaching
- Live teleconferences and webinars
- Extensive Curricula(9-12 months to complete, although can be fast-tracked to 6 months)
- Dr. LJ is honest, fun and sincere, you will love her and her mentor team
- I’d say the price, however, the quality of this program is so far above 99% of what’s being offered out there, I think it’s worth every penny. You will stand out as a CBD Coach with this course.
*Keep in mind, this course teaches CBD as well as Medicinal Marijuana, and coaching. This alone puts you way ahead of any competing CBD Coach out there. And, with the coupon code, this course is the same price as CBD Academy and you get absurdly more value from it.
Module 1. Cannabis Then & Now: A Historic Perspective
- Uses of the cannabis plant throughout the ages
- Cannabis use in ancient cultures: China, Egypt, India
- Early American medical and pharmaceutical applications
- Demon Days: how cannabis and marijuana came to be vilified
- The Restoration: a slow process of funded research, medical recognition and ongoing legalization
- Hemp: Past, Present and Future Applications
- State Reference Guide: current legalities and pending litigation state-by-state
Module 2. The Science of Cannabis
- Biology, chemistry, neurology, and physics of cannabis
- Chemical components of the cannabis plant
- Different strains of the cannabis plant
- Growing and harvesting techniques
- Interaction with other pharmaceutical and healing agents
- The Cannabis/Human Interface: The Endocannabinoid System
- How it works
- Overview of the specific conditions that are affected by the endocannabinoid system
- What current research is being done in the US (e.g. NIH, NSF)
- How cannabis is being used and researched in other nations
Module 3. CBD Overview
- What is CBD oil and how it differs from other forms of cannabis
- Understanding the basic chemistry and extraction process
- Importance of sourcing out pesticide- and mold-free strains
- Delivery methods (oils, vapes, cremes, etc.)
- The importance of introducing CBD for treatment for chronic inflammatory conditions (markers for disease and obesity in our culture)
- Pain management
- Reference manual for the most common uses of CBD and any recommended doses
- Some testimonials and case studies on CBD treatment
- Veterinary uses of CBD
Module 4. THC Overview
- Neuroscience of THC
- Benefits and Effects of THC
- THC for Specific Conditions
- Terpenes, Terpenoids, Trichomes
Module 5. Delivery Methods: How Benefits are Administered
- Smoking vs. vaporizing (i.e. some states do not even allow)
- Inhaling vs. consuming
- Cooking (marijuana-medicated foods)
- Infusions (oils, extracts, butter)
- Juicing Leaves
- Labeling requirements, consumption guidelines, dosages
Module 6. Cannabis and Mental Health
- Usage for stress, anxiety, insomnia, and PTSD
- Dis-eases that have an emotional component (e.g. IBS, high blood pressure)
- Applications in Dis-ease (Crohn’s etc.)
- Cannabis vs. Cancer
- Cannabis & Geriatrics (dementia, Parkinson’s, etc.)
Module 7. Special Topics
Module 8. Cannabis Coaching Skills
This covers everything to specifics of how to coach for CBD and cannabis to different fields where someone with this training could find clients or consulting jobs, business building (via marketing tools and practice-building materials).
Module 9. Launching Your Cannabis Career
If you’ve never been formally trained as a coach OR if you’d like to refresh your knowledge with cutting edge theories and techniques from a multidimensional perspective (i.e. the “Dr LJ method” ?). Learn how cannabis can be used to deepen yogic practice, meditation and spiritual exploration.
What NWA’s Cannabis/CBD Coaching Certification Prepares You to Do:
- Prepare personalized plans for holistic treatment for each client based on their condition
- Inform patients and their caretakers as to the various options available for dosage and delivery
- Teach patients how to make infusions and edibles
- Educate groups about the benefits of CBD and Cannabis
- Recommending lifestyle changes and enhancements to support positive changes
- Combine with holistic health and life coaching for maximum results
- Integrate cannabis education into your current area of expertise
- Connect with Holistic Cannabis Practitioners to create a network to support your practice
- Become an advocate for your patients and their needs
You will access the Learning Experiences on the platform in that order. Each assignment will consist of approximately 5-8 questions and may require some online research and practicum. For the most part, these are FUN – and there are really no wrong answers.
The Learning Experiences are designed to challenge and enlighten you. The concept is to help you find your OWN way (verbiage, expressions) to inspire and inform your clients.
Note: Complete all of the questions in each Learning Experience before turning in the completed assignment. You can either upload to the platform or send it as a word document to your mentor’s email.
Natural Wellness Academy Review
I have personally been in contact with the founder, Dr. LJ. She is super friendly and I can feel her passion oozing through her emails. I get a real sense of hominess and genuineness from Dr. LJ.
She has confirmed that this dual certification program is HOT! It is her best-selling program and people are LOVING it!
She was completely transparent with me when it came to answering my questions. In my opinion, she went over and above what I had asked.
Here is a complete transcript from one of her emails:
Hi again, Rob – no worries! Glad that you got the email and thanks for the kind comments.
There are definitely several aspects that set NWA apart:
- The one-on-one mentoring is really significant for the students as they have someone to either cheerlead, counsel or motivate them to get through the program as well as finding an area of specialization or niche market. All of our mentors are successful coaches and very upbeat people.
- Right now our “hot ticket” item is the CBD/Cannabis Coaching program, an explosive growth market.
- We do blended programs for incredible pricing and we can also create hybrid certifications for students. For instance, we have one woman who is doing a “Mind and Manifestation Dynamics”
- About 70% of our graduates go on to take another certification with us – I think this is a good indicator of the happiness factor of NWA students.
That should cover it – by all means reach out if you have any further questions
What Stands Out in Their Cannabis/CBD Certification?
The Coaching Module
You will find some forms and documentation specific to your certification within Module 9, which is targeted to Comprehensive Cannabis Coaching. Essential Effective Coaching is a universal module, that can help any coach build their practice. It is designed to help you launch (or improve an existing practice) and will give you practical information about starting your own business, social media marketing, finding your niche/specialization, and how to work with your clients. We provide loads of downloadable resources, including forms and documents that you can use in your practice.
Personal Coaching and Mentoring Sessions With Your Mentor
As part of your Cannabis/CBD Certification program, you are entitled to two personal coaching sessions with your Mentor. They will be around 45 minutes in length and will be conducted either via Zoom or telephone. The first one is recommended after you have turned in at least 2 assignments so that your mentor has an idea of your writing style and approach to the material. You can request the first when you feel ready. The 2nd session should be closer to your finishing the program and will be directed toward your ultimate goal(s) for your certification, helping you identify your niche.
Their CBD/Cannabis Coaching program will educate you on how to properly use and administer this truly dynamic, disease-fighting weapon.
Whether you want to create a rewarding professional career helping others improve their lives or would like to help you and your loved ones benefit from this miraculous plant, this program will provide you with the cutting-edge information, mentoring, and training you need to succeed.
Notable Online Cannabis/CBD Coaching Certification Program
Provider: CBD Training Academy
Program: Certified CBD Coach
Payment Plan: None
A quick promo video of the course: