Do you love helping others and walking them through steps to achieve a particular goal? Maybe it’s something you do with friends or family – they come to you with questions. Now you’re wondering how you can start an online life coaching business but you’re not sure where to begin.
Maybe it’s because you love your day job –– or maybe it’s because you aren’t ready to quit your day job yet.
Starting a coaching business can be a way to bring in additional income and help others. With that extra money, you can save more for retirement, invest in your hobby, or have extra spending money for you or your family!
With a coaching business, you also have the flexibility to create your own work hours. You can offer coaching sessions at times that are most convenient for you and work at your own pace.
how To can start An Online coaching business in 7 Steps:
Become The Coach
- Self-coach or get coached by another for several months
- Walk the path before guiding others down it
- Transform yourself before attempting to transform others
Define your goals.
The first step of any pursuit is to define clear goals. Setting clear, achievable goals helps you prioritize your time and work towards achieving something.
- Do you want to keep your coaching business on part-time hours in the long run?
- How many clients do you want to have at one time?
- How much money do you want to bring in per month?
Decide the type of coaching you will provide.
What do you want to teach? The type of coaching you provide can be related to your current line of work or even something you do in your free time. Choose a type of coaching that aligns with your interests so that your clients will feel your passion for coaching.
- Life Coaching
- Health Coaching
- Spiritual or Meditation Coaching
- Positive Psychology Coaching
- Transformational Coaching
- Wellness or Fitness Coaching
- Career Coaching
- Business Coaching
- Executive Coaching
Invest in yourself
Your clients will be investing in you for their growth, and you should lead by example! Invest in your future by getting certified, enrolling in training that builds your knowledge, and taking steps that build your credibility.
- Your investment in yourself will attract clients by building their trust in you and your knowledge.
A great place to start is by coming up with a budget, certifications can range from hundreds of dollars to thousands of dollars.
Then start researching and comparing different life coaching certifications. Luckily, I also created a post of this very topic, providing you with all the info you need in one place for some of the most popular life coaching certifications out there.
Check it out here: Compare 7 Online Life Coaching Certifications
Plan your offering
Outlining as much of your service as possible will help you market your service in an effortless way. What is the step-by-step process you will take others through? What is the benefit you will provide them? Will you offer 1:1 coaching, group sessions, or both?
- 1:1 Coaching. One-on-one coaching is a much more personalized setting. You will give your clients space for your undivided attention and advice.
- Group Sessions. Not only do group sessions allow you to impact more people at once, but they can be more price-friendly for your clients.
Allocate time each week towards your business and its tasks
What does building a coaching business on part-time hours look like to you?
- Decide which days you will work on your business. If you have the flexibility, allocate specific hours to work on your coaching business.
- Simplify as much as possible. When building a business, we want to achieve everything. With every task you have, step back and ask yourself: how can I make this as simple as possible?
Market your service
Once you have the service you want to offer in mind, create a marketing plan. Decide how much time you want to spend marketing your business each week.
- Ask people in your network if they know someone who may be interested.
- Reach clients on different platforms, including social media and coaching or business directories.
As a coach, you will be a sounding board for your clients to grow. You can help them find the right answers or approaches tailored to them.
Are you ready to start teaching others and impacting the world? Make a plan and go for it!