2 Best Ayurvedic Nutrition Certification Courses
Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission, at no extra cost to you.
Ayurveda is compromised of several treatment options including, but not limited to: nutrition, massage, acupuncture, teas, and herbal medicine.
Because of the various treatment options, many people who see the benefits of Ayurvedic, don’t know where to start. Ayurvedic nutrition is always a great place to start as food is a fundamental part of everyone’s life.
Learning Ayurvedic nutrition prior to learning other Ayurvedic treatment options gives you a strong foundation to build upon should you pursue further education in Ayurveda.
Figuring out which Ayurvedic course is best for you is the next challenge. I seek to help you out with that by presenting 2 great options in vary different price ranges.
What is an ayurvedic nutritionist?
An Ayurvedic nutritionist has studied Ayurveda and the traditional Indian medicine system. They offer dietary guidance and treatment plans based on a person’s constitution, health, lifestyle, food sensitivities and many other factors.
Ayurvedic nutrition, a subset of the system, centers on whole foods and healthy, fresh ingredients. Ayurvedic medicine is based on herbal, dietary and lifestyle changes that aim to support the body’s natural ability to heal itself.
Ayurvedic nutritionists might also recommend supplements, herbs, and medicines for optimal health.
Compare 2 Best Ayurvedic Nutrition Certification Programs
Scroll right to view more columns. If you are viewing from a phone or tablet I recommend rotating into a landscape for the best viewing experience.
|School||Joyful Belly||My Vinyasa Practice|
|Visit Website||Visit Website|
|Certifications||Certified Master in Ayurvedic Digestion & Nutrition||Certified Ayurvedic Nutritionist|
|Help you stand out from the competition||✔||✔|
|Can Start Anytime||✔|
|Length of Program||11 months||Self-paced, no time limit|
|Live Case Studies||✔|
|Live Exercises and Discussions||✔|
|Video Content For Modules||✔||✔|
|Lifetime Access To Resources||✔||✔|
|Investment (if paid in full)||$3899 + $600 deposit||$420|
|Payment Plan||$250/month||$210 x 2|
|Read Review||Read Review|
|Visit Website||Visit Website|
#1 Ayurvedic Nutrition Certification Course
School: Joyful Belly
Program: Master Ayurvedic Digestion & Nutrition Certification
Price: $3899 + $600 deposit
Payment Plan: $250/month
Joyful Belly Review
Become an Ayurveda Health Counselor through this certiﬁcate program that teaches you the fundamentals of Ayurvedic medicine. Master the art of clinical Ayurveda as you apply practical knowledge of diet, lifestyle, and herbs to lead your clients to new health and vitality. This rigorous course presents the fundamentals of the body, health and disease from an Ayurvedic perspective. It ensures you have the Ayurvedic training necessary to work independently with clients and establish yourself as a leading professional in the ﬁeld of integrative health care.
Digestive Tract Pathology
Become a leader in integrative health care by enrolling in this comprehensive course in Ayurvedic digestive tract pathology and Ayurvedic nutrition. Through this online course you’ll become conﬁdent in your knowledge of digestive tract health and wellness remedies, and how Ayurveda uses food and herbs as medicine. This rigorous program uses a hands-on approach so that you experience the knowledge directly. The material you learn in this program can be used to enhance your career and clinical skills in digestive health to the point of mastery.
Presentations include a week-by-week walk through of disorders of the digestive tract. This portion of the program will cover all major digestive tract disorders from bad breath to hemorrhoids. A partial overview of topics includes:
- Mouth – Appetite, anorexia, bulimia, etc.
- Stomach – Burping, acid reﬂux, ulcers, nausea, weight loss, etc.
- Liver / Pancreas – Enzyme deﬁciencies, gallbladder, etc.
- Small intestine – Leaky gut, allergies, celiac, intolerances, gas, etc.
- Colon – Constipation, appendicitis, diverticulitis, etc.
- Cleansing protocols including enema, purgation, and other detox regimes
Lecture content is based upon Ayurvedic literature, our personal clinical experience, and the testimony of our clients. We integrate innovations from other traditions wherever possible, including Chinese medicine, Western medicine, Western herbalism and other modalities such as massage therapy, yoga, and western psychology. At the end of each lecture you will not only understand the physical disorder but also the personality and emotional patterns associated with it. For each pathology, you will be presented with a combination of:
- Etiology, risk factors, signs, symptoms, diagnosis, prognosis
- Pathogenesis and development from a Western perspective
- Enumerate Ayurvedic patterns of imbalance underlying the disorder
- Ayurvedic as well as Western treatment protocols
- Diet, lifestyle, herbs, yoga, & cleansing remedies
- Psychological and emotional factors
- Ayurvedic model of digestion & nutrition
- Ayurvedic pharmacology for the digestive tract
- Doshas, gunas, tastes in the digestive tract
- Yoga for digestion, other important topics
- The eﬀects of metabolism, blood, & stress on digestion
- Other miscellaneous topics
You will meet with or observe clients through case studies and personal encounters, including:
- 30 Live webinar classes discussing digestive cases & clinical assessment
- 4 Buddy Consultation Personal Encounters as a client, and 4 as a student practitioner
- 5 Clinical Personal Encounters
- Food & Herb Experiments
- Body Awareness & Case Studies
- Treatment Protocol Writeup
- You’ll develop your body awareness to improve your experience of your digestive process in each of the tissues in your digestive tract. You’ll know what is happening to the food in your digestive tract every step of the way. You’ll be able to correct imbalances in digestion through natural remedies.
- You’ll know how to apply the principles of ayurveda and awareness of your body to know the pharmacological eﬀects of foods, just through taste and your experience of digesting the food.
- You will be able to teach this body-centric approach to your clients, showing them how to make better food choices guided by actual digestive and nutritional experiences.
- You will gain eﬀective techniques to address a wide range of digestive concerns with clients as well as practical skills to eﬀectively coach clients in achieving their health & wellness goals
313 hours presentations & live online classes 241 hours clinical practicum
554 clock hours total including all course material & homework over an 11 month period
- American Association of Biocharacteristics Clinicians (AABC) – The American Association of Biocharacteristics Clinicians is a professional society that provides healthcare professionals with education and continuing medical education. It was founded in 2005 with the goal of promoting excellence in the science and practice of biocharacteristic medicine. It has a membership of more than 8,000 members from all over the globe.
- National Association of Ayurvedic Schools and Colleges (NAASC) – The National Association of Ayurvedic Schools and Colleges (NAASC) is a not-for-profit organization that was established to serve the professional interests of the ayurveda profession and to maintain standards of education in ayurveda. The NAASC is composed of volunteer members who are health care providers, practitioners, educators and students.
- American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP) – The American Association of Drugless Practitioners (AADP) is a nonprofit organization which was founded in 1996, and has a mission of educating healthcare professionals and the public about the benefits of drugless therapies, and promoting the use of drugless therapies in the United States. Drugless therapies are treatments that are used without the use of drugs, and they include practices such as acupuncture, chiropractic, naturopathy, massage, yoga, and more.
Best Under $500
School: My Vinyasa Practice
Program: Ayurvedic Nutrition Certification
$420 $100 (Black Friday Sale)
Payment Plan: $210 x 2
My Vinyasa Practice Review
The My Vinyasa Practice Ayurvedic Nutrition Certification is a self-paced program with a flexible timeline that will help you to build your knowledge, develop your skills, and take your yoga business to the next level.
- Course Overview
- Materials & Required Reading
- Course Deliverables & Certification Requirements
- Introduction To Ayurveda
Nutrition & The Human Body
- Foundations Of Nutrition
- Digestive Mechanisms
- Digestive Disfunction
- The Psychology Of Nutrition
Foundations Of Ayurvedic Nutrition
- Ayurveda 101
- The Ayurvedic Disease Process
- Ayurvedic Food Combining
- Assimilation & Digestion
- Eating For Your Dosha
Eating Disorders & Ayurveda
- Disordered Eating & Prakriti
- Disordered Eating & Psychology
- Western Nutrition Vs. Ayurvedic Nutrition For Eating Recovery
- Education & Integration
Working With Clients
- Identifying Potential Clients Needs
- Assessing Client Health
- Creating Accessible Goals
- Developing Meal Plans
- Working With Clinical Providers
Business & Ethics
- Scope Of Work
The My Vinyasa Practice Ayurvedic Nutrition Certification is a program that provides you with the knowledge and skills needed to create and run a healthy business. You can use this certification to address your career goals as a yoga teacher or alternative health practitioner, personal life goals as a healthy lifestyle coach, or your business goals as a yoga studio owner or educator.
Drawing on years of research and clinical experience specializing in digestive disorders, John Immel directs the Joyful Belly School of Ayurvedic Diet & Digestion. He is the founder of Joyful Belly, an educational Ayurvedic health care website, and oversees the Joyful Belly Clinic.
John holds a bachelor’s degree in mathematics from Harvard University. He ﬁrst discovered Ayurveda while working on a public health project in Bangladesh. His interest in Ayurveda and digestive tract pathology was inspired by a complex digestive disorder acquired from years of international travel.
Using ingredients familiar from his childhood, John created thousands of Ayurvedic recipes for the average American, published on Joyful Belly. Joyful Belly proves Ayurveda is a practical way to improve everyday health & wellness. His simple, direct and familiar approach has helped thousands on their journey to health. John recently published, “Explore Your Hunger: A Guide to Hunger, Appetite & Food” with co-author Natalie Immel.
I hope that this blog post was able to help you out in your search for the best Ayurvedic nutrition course. Good luck with deciding on which course will be right for you!