Welcome! Being a cancer caregiver to my wife has been a blessing in disguise for me. I was driven to an awakening by cultivating my worst fears and using them to my greatest advantage while finding deeper meaning, empowerment and passion in my life. How do you respond to life’s challenges? Happy exploring!
Welcome to another update from my 365 meditation journey, a commitment to meditate 365 days straight. Here is today’s breakdown:
Minutes of Gratitude + Peace
- Seated with back support, first thing
Minutes of Gratitude
- Seated with back support
- Day 10 of a 10 day series on gratitude by Michelle Zarin, same creator of my previous series on Surrender, each day there will be a focus on 1 thing in my life to be grateful for
- Today’s focus was on gratitude for myself. I was to choose 2 qualities I currently embrace, and 2 aspects of my future self I would like to have.
- Quality #1 – My open mindedness. I have to admit, I used to be a very close minded, narrow minded person. Thankfully, through my journey to seek my highest potential, I have realized how deceptively limiting this actually is. “Belief in limits creates limited people” – Anthony Robbins. Being close minded is having limiting beliefs. I feel so much relief being open to all possibilities now, as I feel much less need to prove myself right to myself and others. I have more desire to appreciate all perspectives, and seek new ones, without desiring an absolute truth, because there isn’t one, there’s only your own. The difference that making this change in myself has made is enormous, and I can’t thank myself enough for having the courage to make that change.
- Quality #2 – My burning desire to grow. “If you’re not growing, you’re dying” – Anthony Robbins. When reflecting on my most memorable, and exciting times of my life, I was growing in some aspect of my life. When reflecting on my most dull times, I was not growing. Stagnation leads to a day-to-day regression. Every day you’re the same as the day before, you have nothing more to offer than yesterday, you’re one more day closer to death, with one day less to grow. I am at my peak when I am learning. I wake up with a purpose, a drive, and a burning desire to start my day.
- Future Aspect #1 – I had a vision, and this is not the first time I have had it. This is a vision that keeps coming to me, it started recently while meditating. The aspect I saw in my future self was being a leader in the world of caregivers. I saw myself putting on a seminar for caregivers and writing a book. Given my experience as a caregiver, I have a soft spot for them. I’ve met people, and read on forums, and I see how helpless many of them are, with their lives crumbling around them, and nobody seems to be able to understand them, they feel alone. I want to change that.
- Future Aspect #2 – I want freedom, financial freedom, professional freedom, and life freedom. I will book a trip for Allie and I to revisit Costa Rica, at the same resort we had our Honeymoon. I have always wanted to visit the Philippines and Hawaii, to see the lands Allie grew up in. We can spend as much time there as we desire.
Minutes of Meditation
Join The Journey
Receive my newest posts, choose to read all, some, or none, but the one you don't want to miss is the one that could transform your life! See you on the inside!