Some of the links below are affiliate links, which means I may earn a commission, at no extra cost to you.
When Creed Aventus first came on the scene in 2010 it was a beast! However, with past reformulations to Creed Aventus causing a lackluster performance, many are finding it hard to justify paying the hefty price tag and are in search of a Creed Aventus clone/dupe.
Many companies have jumped on this opportunity by creating their own Creed Aventus clones/dupes (some companies have more than 1).
I’ve narrowed it down to the 3 best Creed Aventus clones/dupes on the market and you can’t go wrong with any of them.
Creed Aventus Notes
I’m going to leave the notes for Creed Aventus here for you to compare to the clones/dupes in this list.
Creed Aventus Clones/Dupes
There are numerous clones/dupes of Creed Aventus on the market. From my research, most of these clones are not worth it.
I’m not going to waste your time with the bad clones and only focus on the ones that are deemed to be worth getting.
#1 Creed Aventus Clone/Dupe
Armaf Club De Nuit Intense Man
Clone/Dupe of: Creed Aventus
Have I tried Club De Nuit Intense Man? Yes
Have I tried Creed Aventus? No
Blind buy worthy? Yes
*This is one of my most complimented fragrances, for those who care about compliments.
I also have to admit, when I first sprayed this on my hand I was taken back, and not in a good way. I was so off-put that I wasn’t sure I’d ever wear it.
I gave it a chance and I’m glad I did. The more I wear it the more I like it. I find the scent quite alluring.
Opening: Is a little harsh (has been compared to lemon pledge) for the first 20 minutes or so. Is this a deal breaker? I don’t think so. I simply apply it for at least 20 minutes before I know people will smell me. Once the lemon subsides, Aventus starts to come through.
Drydown: This is where Club De Nuit Intense Man shines! The more it dries the better it gets! The citruses fade and the birch in this fragrance gives it a woody and slightly smokey dry-down. Those who’ve smelled Creed Aventus typically rate Club De Nuit Intense Man as a 90+ % clone/dupe in the dry-down.
Performance: Club De Nuit Intense Man is beast mode on me, I can’t speak for others. I get 24 hours on my skin and eternal on my clothes! The scent doesn’t disappear until I wash them. Projection is quite heavy for the first 3-4 hours as I’m constantly smelling it around me and based on comments I know others do too.
- Best Creed Aventus clone/dupe
- Compliment monster
- Performance is beast mode
- Opening is harsh for first 20mins or so
- Drydown is 90+ % close to Aventus and is heavenly
- Projects heavily for 3-4 hours
- Last 24 hours on skin and eternal on clothes
#2 Creed Aventus Clone/Dupe
Afnan Supremacy Silver
Clone/Dupe Of: Creed Aventus
Have I tried Supremacy Silver? No
Blind buy worthy? Yes
Opening: Supremacy Silver is said to start off much smoother than Club De Nuit Intense Man. It also has a fruitier, less citrusy opening than CDNIM which is more reminiscent of Aventus.
Drydown: Those who’ve owned both Aventus and Supremacy Silver said the 2 are barely distinguishable.
Performance: Projects moderately for 2-3 hours and last 8+ hours on the skin, a day on clothes.
If Supremacy Silver is a closer clone to Aventus than Club De Nuit Intense Man, why did I rate it #2?
For 2 reasons, CDNIM gets crazy compliments and performs out of this world. Given that CDNIM is also a really close clone/dupe of Aventus, I gave it the #1 spot because it mops the floor in those 2 categories.
- Closest clone/dupe of Creed Aventus for scent
- Opening is smooth and fruity like Aventus
- Dry down is nearly indistinguishable from Aventus
- Projects moderately for 2-3 hours
- Last 8+ hours on skin and a day on clothes
#3 Creed Aventus Clone/Dupe
Mont Blanc Explorer
Inspired By: Creed Aventus
Have I tried Mont Blanc Explorer? No
Blind buy worthy? Yes
Mont Blanc Explorer is less of a clone and more of an inspired by. It maintains about 80% of the Aventus DNA and adds a twist to the other 20%.
Opening: Explorer is spicier and less fruity compared to Aventus.
Drydown: This is where Explored veers slightly from Aventus. It’s missing that famous birch woody smokiness. Explorer is still woody but more of an outdoorsy type of woody.
Performance: This is the common complaint with Explorer. Has a moderate projection for 1-2 hours. Lasts 4-7 hours on the skin and a little longer on clothes.
- Inspired by Creed Aventus
- Performance is its’ biggest complaint
- Opening is spicier and less fruity
- Dry down is missing the famous birch woody/smokiness
- Moderate projection for 1-2 hours
- Last 4-7 hours on skin and a little longer on clothes