Welcome to another update from my 365 meditation journey, a commitment to meditate 365 days straight. Here is today’s breakdown:
Minutes of Gratitude + Peace
- Seated with back support, first thing
Minutes of Gratitude
- Seated with back support
- Day 8 of a 10 day series on gratitude by Michelle Zarin, same creator of my previous series on Surrender, each day there will be a focus on 1 thing in my life to be grateful for
- Today’s focus was on gratitude for family members, and their qualities, excluding significant others. I focused my gratitude towards 4 people: my mom, my 2 sisters, and my grandmother.
- My gratitude for my mom was focused towards being the rock for our family while growing up. She was the glue that made us stick, almost never choosing sides, or putting herself first. Thank you for being a rock mom.
- My gratitude for my sister Tracy was focused towards always having my back. Although she may influence some hurt feelings in the process, be it mine, or other loved ones, I know she means well. I do not question her intentions at all. Thank you for having my back Tracy.
- My gratitude for my sister Kim was focused towards a quality in her that I admire. She is who she is, and does not care what other people think. The difference between her and many others who “portray” the same self-image, is that she is genuine. Thank you for being yourself fearlessly Kim.
- My gratitude for my grandmother was focused towards her zest for life, appreciating every moment together as if it were our last. She has nothing but love to offer, she is one with the universe. Thank you for loving, unconditionally, all who come into your life Granny.